Equity in Education for the ACT is an ongoing campaign by the Youth Coalition of the ACT (Youth Coalition) and the ACT Council of Social Service (ACTCOSS) to highlight the issues and challenges of educational inequity in the Territory.
Our vision is for an equitable education system that supports all young Canberrans to succeed at school.
Our mission is:
- to draw attention to the hidden educational disadvantage that exists in the ACT;
- to advocate for improved equity in the ACT school system; and,
- to advocate for adequate resourcing of schools and community services to work collaboratively to support vulnerable students.
Our guiding principles are:
- Access, inclusion and equity
- Collaboration and partnerships between schools and community services
- Early intervention and prevention
- Engagement with families
The Youth Coalition is the peak youth affairs body in the ACT and represents the interests of people aged between 12 and 25 years of age and those who work with them.
ACTCOSS is the peak representative body for not-for-profit community organisations, and disadvantaged and low-income citizens of the ACT.